Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Graduation

In May I earned an Associate of Science degree from Utah Valley University in History and Political Science. I graduated with high honors and a 4.0 gpa. Since then I changed the focus of my education from History to Drafting technology.  Although I love history with a passion, it seems that my opinion of what makes things important or interesting in history was not shared by the history department at UVU. After I recieved my associates I felt like I knew no more about history then when I started and felt that my efforts would be better spent in some other field. I chose drafting for several reasons, 1) I like working with my hands but I'm no where near artistic enough to do anything art related; 2) I can use a skill like this to work from home in the future; 3) Some day I'd really love to design my own house :) So with these thoughts on drafting and knowing nothing about it, I started my journey into the drafting technology field. What a find! A LOVE drafting and it turns out that so far I'm really good at it! I'm also almost as far in this degree as I was with the history degree because the history degree was HUGE and I have all my generals done. So now that I think I'm finally in a degree that I will enjoy enough and be good enough at to get my bachelors degree, my real scholastic journey has begun!

No comments:

Post a Comment